Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pastel Goth Wardrobe Essentials

Shwmae  ^_^
It's a common trend among the goth blogs to make a list with all their gothic essentials... Even "normal" people post it frequently. So I decided to do my own, but with pictures. For convenience, all of my images will be from yesstyle because I feel it would be easier for you to get the stuff from one place... plus, free shipping haha.

Hope you enjoy

1) Jumpers. I recommend at least three, the ideal amount being more than five. Probably the most vital piece in any pastel goths wardrobe, a collection of good jumpers is like gold among the kawaii bats. 

Recommended colours: Pastels, White, Black, Jewel Tones, Gray

2)  Blouses. Blouses with lace, or just plain ones with Peter Pan collars will do. I prefer to wear vintage looking ones, and the lace ones myself... any type will do. My favorite colour to wear anything is black.

Recommended colours: Any light colours, Pastels, White and Black

3) Leggings. Comfortable, pretty, and affordable... yeah, stereotypical pick but seriously, printed leggings are just perfect... just please wear something that covers your bum. No one needs to be seeing Gandolf's head on your bum, trust me. My favorite type of leggings are just the ever-so-simple black & white striped ones.
    KITTY CATS
Recommended colours: Black, Printed, Striped

4) Layers. This is usually something most pastel goths don't consider, but I do. But, since the majority of kawaii bats don't layer, you will only need around 2+ hoodies, and a couple nice cardigans. 
Recommended colours: Pastels, Black, Gray, Cream, White, Printed (Especially Cat Print ^_^)

5) Boots. There are tons of different styles to choose from, platform and combat boots being the most popular.
Recommended colours: Black, Pastels (Pink in particular), White, Cream
Recommended styles: Half calf, Platform, Combat, Dc Marten

6) Shoes. Not a lot to say for shoes... Cute, and usually look really nice in most coordinates for casual day wear.
Recommended colours: Same as the boots- Black, Pastels (Pink in particular), White, Cream
Recommended styles: Lace ups, Mary Janes, Oxfords, Flats, Creepers

7) Skirts. My favorite skirts to wear are A-Line skirts, but almost any could look cool if dressed up correctly.
Recommended colours: White, Pastels (Blue and Mint in particular) Black, Jewel Tones

8) Dresses. Flowy, tight, lace, velvet, etc. Dresses are a godsend, a good 3 dresses are really important (In my opinion) 

Recommended colours: Jewel tones, Pastels, Black, Cream, Patterned

9) Shorts. Yeah, shorts. If you're not comfortable with showing too much of your legs but want to still look cute, wear tights under :) Yay tips. A simple pair of shorts, a blouse, a lace cardigan and some creepers make a perfect summer outfit for the days when even thinking about putting on a jumper makes you sweat... Not many in Wales, but still.
                     KITTY CATS
Recommended colours: Pastel, Black, Dark Distressed, Dark Blue, Jewel Tones

10) Tights. Any type, tights are amazing little things that add class, edge, or cuteness to your coordinate depending on what print you choose.
Recommended colors: Plain black, Nude, Patterned, any light color, pastels


11) Finally, Tees. Yes, tees. Oversized are my favorite but any type or any colour can work, go cray cray with your tees. Another favorite of mine are dress-shirt combo thingys (Such an advanced vocabulary word, some of my younger readers should probably look it up.) But on a serious note, they are super comfortable and can be plain or patterned.

PS. Jeans is obviously an essential, just thought that my list was too long... Same recommended colours as shorts though :) 


My favourite patterns/ prints... Cat prints, Stripes, Polka Dots, Victorian Curtain Print
My favourite colours... Pastel Purple and Black
My favourite fabrics... Lace, Velvet, Rayon, Knit (I know its not a fabric)

Good Links:

Extra things I Like:
-Cameos
-Chokers
-Scarves
-Lace Gloves
-Cloaks
-Jackets

Thanks for reading my first post :)






DISCLAIMER: Not sponsored. I have not worn these items but I have ordered from yesstyle and they were good quality.

























No comments:

Post a Comment