Saturday, August 16, 2014

Music Reccomendations

Shwmae ^_^
I love music. It's just one of the most obvious things about me. So, I decided to recommend some bands you probably don't know, but really should.

Ghost Town

Ghost Town is a goth yet electronic band with four members that I absolutely adore. They have lyrics with meanings that range from love to toxic friendships to looking at who you really are. Most are the types of songs you can dance to at the club then cry in a corner at home when you realise what they mean. Mmm, my favorite type. (By the way, my next post is going to be an in depth review of their new album)

Get Scared

Similar to Ghost Town, Get Scared has that sound that brings you in with the beat but keeps you there with how interesting they are. I like to call the genre it is EDM (Pun intended) Emo Dance Music. Thats basically what it is. It has some All Time Low and Jimmy Eats World ripoffs but in all, they are pretty amazing.

Thoushaltnot

Oh Goodness what do I have to say about this... It is absolutely awesome? Seriously, I just love how hilarious If I Only Were A Goth is and his vocals are fantabulous. Its pretty much a goth band, through and through. Not much more to say about it, except that its pure genius, and that you should give that song a listen.

Babymetal

Babymetal is a Japanese "kawaii metal" band that is basically every metalheads worse nightmare, aside from perhaps Justin Bieber experimenting with screamo *shiver.* A fusion of J-Pop and metal music, Babymetal is definitely unique. With a 16 year old front girl and 2 other adorable 14 year old girls forming this band, I am absolutely astounded by their sound. Granted, they didn't think of it, but they are using next to no autotune now, their choreography is perfect, and the sound is nevertheless amazing. The mixture is done tastefully with some headbanging beats (I'm talking to you, Headbanga) and dance-worthy riffs. Seriously, I wouldn't even mind if you left here to listen to their music.


But dont.

Grimes

Okay, so this is my last one, regretfully. I couldn't leave this without some Witch House, now could I? Grimes is a gothic mixture of electric sound, watered down trancing vocals, and instrumentals that are beautiful yet don't distract from the overall sound. Everything is blended perfectly so that it is never just about vocals, or just about the piano etc. Its beautiful and creepy with a clear gothic element. It also helps that when you can hear it, Grimes has a haunting voice that just brings you straight to her haunted house of beats.

DisclaimerI know that you may be wondering why I didn't include something like Siouxsie in here, or something along those lines, but although I love her, it would be boring if you knew everyone on here. And I would hate for you to get bored. Also, if you are a classic goth, it might help to expand from just those bands into something that isnt that far away from it. I would have included some more less electronic bands, but what's the fun in being stereotypical?


Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment